At Spine and Sports Wellness Clinic, our focus is to help you improve through an array of specialized tests, equipment, and treatments designed for comprehensive chiropractic and neurological care.
Our chiropractor, Dr. Vennell has fellowships in Functional Neurology, Childhood Neurological Development Disorders, and Concussions.
He also possesses certifications in Functional Medicine, as well as in the diagnosis and treatment of Concussions.
Some of the neurological conditions we address include, but are not limited to:
- Concussions – mild, but serious, traumatic brain injuries wherein the head and brain shake quickly back and forth from a whiplash-type injury; result in an altered state and potential unconsciousness
Traumatic brain injuries – acquired brain injuries caused by sudden trauma which results in damage to the brain; can occur when the head violently hits an object or when an object pierces the skull and enters the
- Alzheimer’s disease – a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking, and behavior; accounts for 60-80% of all dementia cases
- Parkinson’s disease – a brain disorder that begins gradually and worsens over time leading to shaking, stiffness, difficulty walking, balance, and coordination
- Movement disorders – a group of neurological conditions that cause abnormal increased movements and can sometimes also cause reduced or slow movements
- Vertigo – a sensation of dizziness or feeling off-balance, often caused by inner ear problems such as benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), Meniere’s disease, vestibular neuritis or labyrinthitis; can be associated with head/neck injuries, strokes, tumors, medications, and migraines
- Hemineglect – condition following brain injuries wherein a patient becomes unaware of items to one side of a space; often accompanies some degree of paralysis of their left limbs due to damage in the right parietal lobe
- Balance issues
- Vestibular dysfunction
- Headaches and migraines
We can care for these conditions, and more, with help from the following equipment and technology:
- Neurosage – neurological virtual reality video therapy
- Neuro Sensorimotor Integrator (NSI) – utilizes a video screen for neurological intervention
- FITLIGHT Trainer™ – programmable lights that improve neuromuscular and cognitive abilities
- RightEye® Therapy – eye-tracking system that accurately exposes vision and brain health
Cambridge Health Science Cognitive Tests – objective computerized tests that provide feedback on brain
function, primarily the frontal lobe
BrainMaster® qEEG – 24 lead system that reads brain activity and provides a 3D image of the brain much like an
- Cold Light Lasers – low light laser therapy that can be used to stimulate healing
- Laser Therapy/Photobiomodulation – targeted red and near-infrared light to expedite healing of damaged tissues
Peripheral Nerve Stimulation (PNS) – mild electrical stimulation used to treat headaches and various peripheral
KDT Neural-Flex® Table – specialized treatment table used for a variety of spinal decompression maneuvers and
Sonix Whole Body Vibration – provides targeted sonic wave vibrations for vestibular and cerebellum
ATM® (Active Therapeutic Movement) Machine – used to heal a wide array of back, neck, shoulder, pelvis, hip,
and knee pain
If you have questions about any of the neurological conditions we can address and the equipment and technology we
utilize, or to schedule an appointment, please call us today at (806) 356-7291.